Exhibits > Special Exhibit Theme: Amazing Bugs > School Field Trips
School Field Trips
Amazing Bugs! makes connections to primary school school curricula in the subjects of natural sciences, S.T.E.A.M., and literacy.
- Discover local insect and arachnid species
- Inspire wonder and appreciation for bugs
- Recognize bugs' helpful and vital role in nature
- Challenge preconcieved notions of fear and "ick"
Participate in CDM's Bug Quest for a memorable and meaningful field trip outing. Bug Quest offers a themed, goal-driven exploration of CDM's educational exhibits. Bug Quest engages students in deeper learning through:
- A colorful double-sided activity map that is more than just a worksheet
- Six interactive challenges that utilize reading, writing, drawing, movement, observation, and reflection
- Problem-solving and creativity
- Teamwork and collaboration
General field trip admission pricing + additional $12 per student for Bug Quest
- Welcoming (5 - 10 minutes): introduction to the museum and Bug Quest
- Bug Quest (95 - 105 minutes): students work together in groups to solve the challenges
- Closing (10 - 15 minutes): students reflect and share their learning
**Each student will receive a take-home Quest activity map, colored pencil set, and coupon for a return visit.
K3 - Primary 4/Year 5
Send an email with your school's full name as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3198 0160.
Office hours: 10am - 4pm (Mon - Fri, except public holidays)