All visitors must carefully read and agree to abide by the following rules in order to enter the Hong Kong Children's Discovery Museum or to participate in an event organized by the Hong Kong Children's Discovery Museum (hereinafter referred to as “CDM”) .
As children are encouraged to interact with the exhibits, it is the responsibility of the adult or carer to pay attention to the safety of their children, maintain proper etiquette and order of their children, and to allow them to play freely. We also encourage adults to interact with the exhibits along with their children.
- The organization/school/parent/carer must always pay attention to the safety of themselves and the child. CDM shall not be held responsible for any accidents and/or personal injuries howsoever caused to the visitors. All visitors to CDM enter at their own risks.
- Visitors (including adults and children) are expected to help keep the space and all facilities of CDM clean, not to obstruct, disturb or harass other visitors, and to have mutual respect. CDM reserves the right to deny admission, or require a person already admitted, to leave CDM, without refund or compensation, for failure to comply with the rules and regulations of CDM.
- There must not be any activity or promotion directly or indirectly related to religion or politics at CDM. If found, CDM reserves the right to require a person to leave CDM without refund or compensation
- No food, alcoholic or other beverages, except water, is allowed inside CDM. If necessary, please eat before visiting CDM. Mothers who are breastfeeding may use the "Nursing Nook".
- Comfortable clothing is recommended; wearing socks is required for specific areas of the museum. Some exhibits or activities may involve water or colored dye. CDM will not be held liable should any clothes become dirty or stained from the exhibits or activities. CDM strongly recommends bringing an extra set of clothes.
Property and Facilities
- Please take care and safeguard your own personal belongings. The museum is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings. Visitors may use the locker in the museum if necessary.
- All items in the locker are left at the owner’s risk. We advise you not to leave money or valuables in the locker.
- Please cherish exhibits and props. If exhibits or items are damaged during your visit, please notify our floor staff immediately. Where appropriate and in order to develop children's sense of responsibility, CDM staff may invite children to help repair the damaged items under the supervision of the accompanying adult.
- Visitors may be asked to compensate for exhibits and/or props at market rate.
Information containing CDM/ CDM's Website/ CDM related publication etc. is copyrighted by CDM. Information may be published or reproduced for non-commercial purposes with the written permission from CDM, but the user must acknowledge the source of the information. Unless authorized by CDM in advance, copying, adapting, distributing, or providing such information is strictly prohibited for non-commercial and commercial use.
CDM has done its best to ensure that any information provided in the information panels are accurate. CDM will not be liable for any errors or omissions.
- Photographs and videos may be taken during your visit. Commercial photography is strictly prohibited except with the prior written permission of CDM. CDM reserves the right to photograph, film, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or sounds of any person who enters CDM and use the same for any purpose without payment to any person.
- CDM reserves the right to publish the name of the school or organization who has visited CDM, without prior notification or payment to the school/organization.
- Visitors (including adults and children) must wear masks for minor respiratory infections. CDM reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons whose body temperature is higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius (as indicated by the temperature detector used by CDM) or to those who have significant respiratory infections into the museum. CDM reserves the right to determine the severity of the symptoms. No refund or compensation will be given if entry is refused due to illness.
- Organizations/schools/parents/carers cannot arbitrarily organize their own activities in the museum. If there are specific educational needs, please discuss the feasibility of such activity with our staff in advance and prior to entry into the museum. CDM reserves the right to immediately stop any unauthorized activities.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring animals or pets into CDM, except for animals that are approved for service purposes (e.g. guide dogs).
- CDM maintains a 24-hour CCTV operation. The records and the recorded footage will be retained in accordance with the PCPD's guidelines for CCTV surveillance by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong.
- We may, from time to time, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the opening hours, modify the expectations, control the number of attendees, suspend or cancel a session, in accordance with the museum capacity, special programs, inclement weather, or any situation we deem necessary.
- Items which are dangerous, emit odor or illegal.
- Any type of weapon, or any object that looks or feels like a weapon (including but not limited to toy guns, toy swords, etc.).
- Any bag or luggage that is larger than 39 cm x 41 cm x 49 cm.
- Trolleys, transport tools with rims (except for hand-propelled wheelchairs, strollers and power-assisted mobile devices that travel at walking speed) and recreation equipment with rims, including but not limited to skateboards, scooters, roller shoes and shoes with pulleys.
- Tripods, folding chairs and stools.
- Any item that CDM believes will be harmful, may cause confusion, or interfere with the operation of CDM.
The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Use of a telescopic stick (such as a selfie stick) for the camera/mobile phone.
- Use of a remote flight device.
- Sell or promote any item or service.
- Unauthorized activities, speeches, or the use of any flags, banners or signs, or incitement of crowds and other unlicensed public assemblies.
Conduct any unsafe/illegal actions that hinder the operation CDM. CDM reserves the right to require such persons to leave CDM and no refund or compensation will be given.
The above rules are written in the Chinese language and the English language. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the texts, the English version shall prevail.
In case of any disputes, the Hong Kong Children's Discovery Museum reserves the right to make the final decision.
These rules are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.